Llarrinda Bed & Breakfast
Explore Prom Country
There are so many things to do in and near Wilsons Promontory National Park. Llarrinda Bed and Breakfast is a perfect base from which to explore this southern-most part of mainland Australia, with its empty windswept teaches,
temperate rainforests, abundant wildlife and waterfalls.
Wilsons Prom, Sandy Point, Waratah Bay, Walkerville, Cape Liptrap, Agnes Falls and Tarra Bulga National Park are just some of the great destinations to discover.
And then there is amazing fishing, boating, surfing, wind surfing, kayaking, snorkelling, diving and mountain bike riding - all a short drive from our door.
The district is also rich with artists, and we are only a stone's throw from the fabulous galleries in Fish Creek, Foster, Meeniyan and other small, creative communities.
Foster itself is a bustling country town and service centre for outlying communities. With two supermarkets, two bakeries, several cafe's and restaurants, clothing, gift and hardware shops, beauty salons, library, galleries - and of course a pub - we have everything to meet your needs.
5 stops to visit from Sydney to Melbourne
Want to explore but don't want to drive?
Call the Butterfly Passenger Service, which is based in Foster for travel in and around South Gippsland.
- Door to door service
- Friendly, experienced driver
- 2017 sedan with full insurance cover
- Accredited and licenced with Commercial
Call Kerry on 0411 334 236
Things to do and places to explore in and near Wilsons Promontory National Park.
Every year, from September to November, Humpback Whales and endangered Southern Right Whales travel along our coastline on their return migration to Antarctica. Wildlife Coast Cruises is once again offering a number of whale watching cruises around the coast of Wilsons Prom National Park. Additional (non-whale watching) Wilsons Prom cruises are scheduled for dates in November, December, February, March and April. For enquiries and bookings, visit www.wildlifecoastcruises.com.au or call 1300763 739.
Also visit Wilsons Promontory Cruises for details of their daily cruises around the island of Wilsons Prom, where they spot Australian Fur Seals and, in the season, Whales. While Southern Right whales and Humpback whales are most commonly spotted, it's also possible to see Killer whales (Orcas), Blue whales and Pygmy Blue whales in these waters.
Bushwalking and wildlife
- Wilsons Promontory National Park https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y-H9EQO9js
- Walking Tracks in Prom Country
- The Loader walk, between Foster & Fish Creek
- Agnes Falls Scenic Reserve
- Corner Inlet & Nooramunga Marine and Coastal National Parks
- Grand Strzelecki Track
- The Great Southern Rail Trail
- Limeburners Walk
- Mount Worth State Park
- Port Franklin Nature Park
- Tarra Bulga and Tarra Valley National Parks
- Walks and attractions at Wilsons Prom
- Walks in Foster
- Sandy Point and Waratah Bay
- Squeaky Beach, Wilsons Prom
- Venus Bay
- Wildlife Coast Cruises :
- Prom Coast Discovery Tours
- Pennicott Wilderness Journeys: Discover the beautiful granite coastline and rugged wilderness of Wilsons Promontory National Park on this 2 ½ hour cruise, which leaves from Norman Beach at Tidal River daily. See South Point - the southernmost tip of mainland Australia, the granite monolith of Skull Rock, get close to a colony of Australian Fur Seals, see the nesting areas of the White Bellied Sea Eagle, and watch for Common and Bottlenose Dolphins and Whales, such as the Southern Right and Humpback as they migrate (September to December and May to July). Tickets can be booked at Llarrinda.
Arts & Culture
Food & Wine
- Boat ramp locations
- Corner Inlet and Nooramunga Marine and Coastal Parks
- Fishing spots
- Going fishing? Read this first and stay safe
Dining out in Prom Country
Dining out in Foster
- Promontory Restaurant and Winery, 23 O'Gradys Ridge Road, Foster North. Tel: (03) 5682 1538
- Wiggy's Restaurant on the Green (Foster Golf Club). 7 Reserve Street, Foster. Tel: (03) 5682 2272
- The Exchange Hotel, 43 Main Street, Foster. Tel: (03) 5682 2377
- Max's Cafe & Restaurant, 3800 South Gippsland Highway, Foster. Tel: (03) 5682 2022
- Coco de Mer
- Curry Corner. 3-5 Bridge Street, Foster. Tel: (03) 5682 1612
Dining out in Fish Creek
- The Fish Creek Hotel, 1 Old Waratah Road, Fish Creek. Tel: (03) 5683 2404
- The Paddock, 2 Old Waratah Road, Fish Creek. Tel: (03) 5683 2207
Dining out in Meeniyan